So I'm really behind in school right now.... like 5 papers in 3 different classes due a week ago behind. And I am struggling to find the motivation to do/turn in these already late assignments :( partly due to home life social life and school life
The spring semester is definitely the worst. It’s so hard to stay motivated. Here are a few things that always kept me going:
- Remember how hard you worked last semester. If you quit now, you wasted all that time.
- Spring break is so close. You’re going to have a week off to relax, hang out with friends, and get back on track.
- Because spring break is close, professors are assigning things like crazy so that they can grade over spring break. If you can just get to spring break, things will calm down, and you will make it.
- It’s March. There’s only like 2 months of class left until summer. Focus on the fact that you’re almost done. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel.
Here are a few tips:
- Take your assignments one at a time. Don’t try to knock it all out at once. You won’t make it. Set aside like a few hours every day until you’re finished, and definitely try to turn something in, even if it’s not great – a 50 is better than a 0.
- Communicate with your professors. Let them know you’re trying.
- Don’t let your friends and family distract you. Tell them you need to study. They should understand.
To say that I felt the earth swept away from under me would not be going too far.
Do you have any advice when it comes to giving speeches?
We actually already have a blog post published called “Top 6 reasons you’ll rock your next presentation” with some tips. Let us know if that helps or if you want some more advice.